I may have stunted the growth of my baby swortail fish?

Post a Comment
Q. my uncle gave me 10 baby swordtails and i got home and put them in a breeding box in my comunity tank and they were in their for a month meanwhile only 2 of them have tripled their size i decided to put them in the tank with all the other fish and theu have been in their for a week and one of the baby swordtails still looks like the same size as when i first got them.
will they grow now that their in the big tank or will they stay small forever.
they have plenty of food hiding spots rocks and real plants that they can eat.
please help me


Answer
From my experience:

Do you know that swordtail are omnivorous.

You can feed them with mix diet such as pellet food,microworms,baby shrimp,green food and others.

You can feed them with vitamins to enriched it nutrition thus promotes the growth of the fry as well.

This is the the diet for your fish fry I found in the website:

Feeding Fry

New-born fry have tiny mouths and huge appetites! They empty their stomachs every 20 minutes! Of course, it is not wise or feasible to feed them this often. Feed your fry 4 to 8 times daily.

When feeding fry it is important to offer a variety of food. A couple of quality, high-protein flake foods should be given, crushed up finely. Flakes are an excellent food just before lights out. Also, some breeders like to feed a small amount of flakes before each feeding of BBS. They believe that it helps the fish reap the benefits of BBS by keeping it in their systems longer with the staple mixed in. Unfortunately, BBS does have a laxative effect.

Baby Brine Shrimp (BBS)

This is generally accepted as the #1 food for fry. If you have a large fry-breeding operation, you will want to give them the ultimate - live BBS that you have hatched yourself. If however, you are carrying on a small hobby, look for the convenience of frozen BBS. Make sure though, that it is BABY Brine Shrimp, not Adult Brine Shrimp. BBS has much more nutritional value than Adult Brine Shrimp (ABS) and can fit into the fry's tiny mouths. Remember, anything that is too large for fry to eat will go uneaten, wasted, and it will pollute the tank. The bonus in serving up live BBS is that what is not eaten immediately will survive and be consumed later. Be conservative and keep a watchful eye when feeding frozen BBS since it will rot quickly if not eaten right away.

Egg Yolk

Another good fry food that you probably have in your refrigerator right now is egg - specifically the yolk. It can easily be made into a paste that is simple and inexpensive. It is a great source of protein that is eagerly consumed by fry and adults alike. Simply take a hard-boiled egg and remove the yolk. Place it in a small, re-sealable container and add a few drops of water while mashing it with your finger or a spoon. When made into a paste you can feed TINY amounts to your fry. It creates a cloud of protein for them which they will devour. If you feed too much, however, you will foul your frys' tank. You can feed them yolk twice a day. Adults will enjoy some egg too, but use less water to create chunks for them to eat. Liquid fry foods are also available in tubes similar to toothpaste. Use sparingly, as it can easily pollute the water.

Microworms

Microworms can easily be cultured and fed live, an excellent food and a low-cost alternative to BBS, however many breeders like to continue feeding BBS in addition to microworms for variety.

They are thread-like worms imported from Europe which are tiny enough for fry. I use oatmeal or mixed baby cereal as the culture medium which is very nutritious -- healthy worms means healthy fish food! Microworms do not crawl very high on the sides of a container and are easily contained. There are many ways to harvest them, however, as seen above, I lay pieces of rough scrubbing pads on the cereal and swish them in a jar of water with a popsicle stick. The worms, which have crawled onto the popsicle stick and pads, fall to the bottom and any cereal will rise to the top. Just pour this off a couple of times and the worms will be clean.

Fry will grow more quickly initially with microworms and get about a 2 week head-start over fry fed BBS, although they will eventually catch up. However this growth spurt is important and helps in fighting off diseases. Microworms will remain alive much longer in a tank than brine shrimp, and do not swim away from the fry. These tiny worms are also much easier to culture and handle than BBS and after you have a culture going it can last indefinitely. Although this food is best fed to fry, all guppies will benefit. Feed sparingly to adults. .

Daphnia

This is popular, easy fish food. Also known as "water fleas", there are magna and pulex varieties. Magna is a bit larger and more suitable for bigger fry. The best culture is green (algae) water.

Vinegar Eels

These are very tiny nematodes and only suitable for young fry. They can be found in unpasturized cider vinegar, or cultures can be purchased. Simple and easy to "grow": all that is needed for a culture medium is cider vinegar, an apple, and water.

Hope the information given may help you on your fry diet.

A bit nervous? Possible induction. Slow growth baby. Advice? Experiances?

Q. I'm two days off thirty five weeks. I have been having growth scans due to baby being low weight.. I had another scan a couple days ago and was told that baby only weighed roughly four pounds Which meant that baby was roughly a month slow in growth. I have to continue to have monitorings and a blood flow check and another growth scan then the consultant will decide wether or not to induce me in two weeks time. I'm just a bit concerned for my baby. And the fact that two weeks is such a short time, instead of just over five? Any advice? Or have you experianced similar? Or did your baby come early and be just fine? Thanks, i hope you can help.


Answer
I was a slow growth baby. I went full term and still came out at 4lbs I had to stay in the hospital about a week after birth and was put in an incubator just because I needed a little extra heat. In the hospital I wasn't getting enough food I ended up losing half a pound and they sent me home so I could be with my mom. Once I got home I did lots of growing. Before long I had caught up with other babies my age and was perfectly healthy and still am! Some babies just do their best growing outside the womb. Good luck and congratulations.

babies growth spurts?

Q. My son is 8 months old today and I remember the doctor telling me he would most likely have a growth spurt around this time. He has been whining all day and fussing and we tried everything and I was reading and the website said that "growing pains" can be felt from 2 and up but I don't see why it isn't possible for my baby to be having these pains. After I gave him some ibuprofen he was fine ? Could it be "growing pains" cause he is back to the same ol Kendell now or maybe he just isn't feeling well ?!
@DanielC he has 4 teeth already . two on bottom & two on top


Answer
Different kids hit their growth spurts at different ages, but for an 8 month old your most likely culprit is going to be teething. Either issue would be relieved by the ibuprofen.

Growing pains are more typically felt in the limbs, and kids that are experiencing them seem uncomfortable moving around while it's going on. So whining while he's crawling because his legs are sore, being less active, that type of thing might indicate a growth spurt.

Teething seems to bring on more of an all over yucky "I hate everything and everyone" sort of mood. Things like teething rings, orajel, and cold drinks in a bottle will help bring relief for that, where they will do absolutely no good for a kid with growing pains.

baby growth chart question?




rainbowbri


Does anybody know where I can find a chart online where I can plot my 15 month old baby's weight, heighth, and head circumference and see if she is within the norm?? thanks
Please do not tell me to ask her dr. They are all closed over the memorial day weekend, and I need this info for something else. Thanks so much to all who help me! :)



Answer
http://www.medcalc.com/growth/

This is the primary site I use. They calculate it to the day, where as other sites you have to have the measurement for exactly 1 month, 2 months, etc. There are also options for Down's Syndrome and pre-term babies. It's off of the government's CDC growth charts for infants birth to 36 months.

I also use this growth chart: http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites/babygrowth.asp

You set up a simple account and it will store multiple babies' height and weight charts with percentiles. It's very user friendly, and I like the fact that after each check-up I can just go in and add my daughter's new measurements.

Help Babys growth!!!?




Laura C


Iv been having ultrasounds every 2 weeks from 32weeks as my baby has been gowing 2-3weeks ahead!
Been seeing a consultant after each scan to check it over! He/she has always been happy because although growing ahead, the rate was steady and consistant

had my last scan 2days ago (38+1) and go to see my consultant tomorrow.... But baby hasn't grown in the last 2weeks.... Measurements are almost the same (1 is different by 5mm) as they were 2weeks ago! Is that something to be worried about???



Answer
I really don't think so. At this stage baby is as big as they really can get in the womb. Your little one is very very cramped and smushed in there. Its kind of hard to grow more when there isn't any room. My baby has been doing the exact same thing and Im sure in a few weeks I'll be in the exact same position as you are now. I think you just need to relax. Your doctor would probably tell you if there was something to worry about. Im my experience doctors don't sugar coat anything so if there was a problem you'd be notified straight away.
It really wouldn't surprise me at all if you went into labour soon. Just relax. I'm sure everything is fine.

Good luck :)

Baby growth spurt in the womb?

Q. I am currently 17 weeks pregnant and have cramps and lower back pain. I had cramps at 10 weeks and at 14 weeks as well I was just wondering if this is around the time babies in the womb go threw growth spurts?


Answer
Yes they do, they go through a huge growth spurt throughout your 2nd trimester, then slow down in the third and put on a lot of baby fat, ready for birth. Should be just mildly uncomfortable, not painful though.

approx what ages do babies go through growth spurts?

Q. my 9wk old son was born 3weeks early.
He had a sleepy week at 3 weeks old.
then again at 6 weeks old.
now he seems to be doing it again at 9weeks.

he sleeps all day and night with about 2-4wakeful hours of active altertness in 24hrs. He's happy and eats well (180mls every 4hrs of formula).

is he just sleepy or do you think it's likely growth spurts?


Answer
"When do babies have growth spurts?

Common times for growth spurts are during the first few days at home and around 7-10 days, 2-3 weeks, 4-6 weeks, 3 months, 4 months, 6 months and 9 months (more or less). Babies don't read calendars, however, so your baby may do things differently."

Worried about UTI and Growth of baby;?




pkevin666


gyne just called she said we need to have urine test to look for infection ( if any) she was also worried about the growth of baby and she said she may go for early delivery after 2 weeks from in in week 34. she said she is not sure yet if the growth of the baby starts again then she is not worried . I am worried please suggest, are there any chances of c-section because of the growth??? what precausions I can use at my end in order to have a growth of baby, I don't want c-section...


Answer
It is very common to have UTI during pregnancies adn since you are that far along they have to check all th etime to mak esure you are all clean and healthy-uhmm...down there. I am not clear abou the growth of the baby your explanation is vague and confusing..please more inof to try to help you/

should i worry about the growth of my baby?







hi! im 29 weeks pg, and i measured to be 26, they were worried about the growth of the baby. i had an ultra sound to, the tech told me things look ok, i lay down i barly look im pg, theres just a small bump there to, she kicks and moves, has a good heart rate, shell probibly be small like me, i was 4lbs and 11 oz. i am over weight to i gained 20 lbs with this one, so im 5' and 180 lbs.. they want me to diet, well hows the baby suppose to grow??? all i can do is pray she will be ok! if there were a problem wouldent they call me after the ultra sound?


Answer
Yes, they would/should call you if something was wrong.

Measuring you is not exactly a reliable way to see how the baby is growing. When I was pregnant with my kid, I wasn't very big at all. I'm really skinny, and I didn't get fat when I was preganant, and my stomach didn't look like I was that far along. And when the doctor felt the baby through my stomach, he said she felt to be around 7.5 to 8 pounds.

I was induced a few hours later and when they broke my water, I had so much fluid they said to take off a pound of the guessed weight because there is no way I could have that big of a baby and that much water and look like I did. So she should have been 6.5 to 7 lbs.

She was born the next day weighing in at 9 lbs 6 oz.

So go figure. The ultrasound is a bit more reliable. If they don't call you after the ultrasound, then your baby is likely fine. But you can always call your doctor and ask him what the ultrasound showed to put your mind at ease.

at what ages do do baby have growth spurts?







what ages do baby have growth? as my baby is in the gina ford bed time routine but he keeps falling asleep today.
also has any one ever tryed the gina ford routine?



Answer
The standard time for growth spurts are 3 weeks/6 weeks/3 months/6 months. But all babies are different and your baby may have them at slightly different times.

I have not tried Gina Ford's routines, but I've read the book, and she is, IMO, promoting child abuse. VERY few mothers can breastfeed successfully on the infrequent schedule she demands (and her instructions to pump so you can bottlefeed in the evening doesn't help matters), and VERY few babies will sleep on the pattern she insists upon .. unless they have simply given up on being noticed, or are so lethargic from dehydration/malnutrion that they don't wake up.

Feed your baby when she's hungry. Put her to bed when she's tired. And throw the book away.



Powered By Y! Answer Blogger Poster
Newer Oldest

Related Posts

Post a Comment